Comprenew accepts nearly all electronics. We handle all data-rich electronics securely, with the leading data sanitization processes in the industry. Our electronic lifecycle management model minimizes environmental impact by promoting reuse before recycling. We are certified to the highest international standards in electronics recycling. Every electronic device is sanitized as standard protocol, free of charge. Certificates of Recycling are available upon request.
Electronic waste is a growing concern that is exacerbated by our fast-paced consumer cycle and product innovation. Cadmium, Mercury, Lead, Americium, Arsenic, Beryllium Oxide and Flame Retardants are just a few hazardous materials commonly found in e-waste. It is essential that these harmful elements are kept out of landfills where they contaminate ground water and release toxic chemicals into the atmosphere.
WE PROMOTE REUSE BEFORE RECYCLING
Reuse extends the lifecycle of electronics and their value, and is a more environmentally sound approach for a number of reasons. It reduces waste and manufacturing costs, requires less energy and provides job opportunities. Click here to shop for certified refurbished electronics.
We adhere to a strict zero-landfill and zero-export policy for all electronics and focus materials.
• In 2016, 44.7 million metric tonnes of e-waste were generated. This is an equivalent of almost 4,500 Eiffel towers. (Global E-Waste Monitor 2017)
• Recycling one million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by 3,657 U.S. homes in a year, according to the EPA.
• Old television sets as well as CRT (cathode ray tube) monitors contain approximately 4-8 pounds of lead.
• It takes 530 lbs of fossil fuel, 48 lbs of chemicals, and 1.5 tons of water to manufacture one computer and monitor, according to the Electronics TakeBack Coalition.
• Each U.S. family trashes 400 iPhones worth of e-waste each year.
• About 30% of the e-waste in the U.S. gets landfilled, incinerated, recycled informally, exported for dumping, or simply left somewhere.
THE COST OF ELECTRONICS RECYCLING & DATA SECURITY SERVICES
Our prices reflect the cost of safely and properly performing this service. Comprenew is committed to a strict zero-landfill and zero-export policy for all electronic waste and we are certified to the highest international standards in the industry. We make every effort to keep recycling affordable for our customers.
If you are a BUSINESS OR CORPORATION please contact us for a price quote.
If you are recycling with one of our DROP-OFF PARTNERS or at one of their COLLECTION EVENTS, please contact them for pricing inquiries.
If you are recycling at a COMPRENEW STORE, pricing information can be downloaded below: