Join our team of compassionate, professional, environmental advocates.
Comprenew is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect people and the environment from unwanted electronics, by either extending their life-cycle or recycling their components. We hold the highest level of certifications in the world for both electronics recycling and data security. We offer high quality affordable refurbished electronics for sale at three retail locations in the Grand Rapids/Holland MI area. Proceeds from the retail stores help fund and grow Comprenew’s community outreach programs for both adults and at-risk youth. We are dedicated to inspiring environmental care and increasing vocational preparedness through education for people from all segments of society, regardless of religion, ethnicity, or status.
Retail Sales Associate
Position Summary: We are looking for high-energy, self-motivated individuals to serve our loyal customer base while contributing to the growth of our retail stores and mission. The ideal candidate should have a technical skill set, an outgoing personality, and the ability to work closely with the public selling merchandise. All positions at Comprenew have the opportunity for advancement. This position promotes along the track of Key Holder, Assistant Manager, and Manager and the potential to become full-time after the Key Holder level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain order and cleanliness at the stores
- Assist customers with diagnosing basic computer issues
- Understand and contribute to sales goals
- Merchandise products available in store
- Maintain proactive communication with all levels of store personnel
- Effectively contribute to strategies outlined by the Store Manager
- Fill out forms and file paperwork
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High energy, strong work ethic, positive attitude, driven to succeed
- Basic understanding of most computer parts and pieces
- Navigate most popular OS including Windows XP-Window 8, with a strong emphasis on Windows 10
- Flexibility to handle a wide variety of customers and their needs
- Accurate money handling
- Work effectively as part of the retail team
- Multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Understand and speak English
- Ability to bend, reach and lift repeatedly
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel the length of the facility
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Cell phone, tablet, Apple repair and OS experience
- Basic understanding of Linux and Mac OS
- High school diploma/GED (or higher)
Security Level: Secure data, equipment, financial.
Job Type: Part-time, 24-32 hours per week.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of the above positions.
Vaccination is required. All candidates are required to submit to our background and drug screening process.
Comprenew is an Equal Opportunity Employer.