Join our team of compassionate, professional, environmental advocates.
We are dedicated to inspiring environmental care and increasing vocational preparedness through education for people from all segments of society, regardless of religion, ethnicity, or status.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of the following positions.
Current Job Openings
Customer Service Representative – Keyholder
Location: Comprenew Retail Stores
Reports to: Store Manager and Retail Director
Position Summary: Comprenew is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect people and the environment from unwanted electronics, by either extending their life-cycle or recycling their components. We hold the highest level of certifications in the world for both electronics recycling and data security. We offer high quality affordable refurbished electronics for sale at three retail locations in the Grand Rapids/Holland MI area. Proceeds from the retail stores help fund and grow Comprenew’s community outreach programs for both adults and at-risk youth.
We are looking for high-energy, self-motivated individuals to serve our loyal customer base while contributing to the growth of our retail stores and mission. The ideal candidate should have a technical skill set, an outgoing personality, and the ability to work closely with the public selling merchandise. All positions at Comprenew have the opportunity for advancement. This position promotes along the track of Key Holder, Assistant Manager, and Manager and the potential to become full-time after the Key Holder level.
The Keyholder is responsible for opening and closing the retail store safely and securely. They are responsible for the daily operations of the store in absence of the Store Manager. This position may require travel to various locations within the greater GR area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Maintaining order and cleanliness at the store
- Opening and closing the store in a safe and secure manner
- Assisting customers in diagnosing basic computer issues
- Understanding and contributing to sales goals
- Merchandising products available in the stores
- Maintaining proactive communication with all levels of store personnel
- Contributing to strategies outlined by the Store Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High energy, strong work ethic, positive attitude
- Basic understanding of most computer parts and pieces
- Navigate most popular OS including Windows XP -Window 8, with a strong emphasis on Windows 10
- Basic understanding of Linux and Mac OS
- Accurate money handling
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Lift 40lbs repetitively
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Proven retail customer service experience, preferably in the technology service area.
- Flexible schedule, willing to work Saturdays and holidays
- Reliable transportation
- High school diploma/GED (or higher)
Security Level: Secure data, equipment, financial
Job Type: Part-time and full-time positions
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
Vaccination is required. Masks are mandatory when interacting with customers. All contact surfaces are sanitized regularly.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com